Join Our Team
Initiate Justice is seeking individuals who have been impacted by incarceration, directly or through a close loved one, to become Initiate Justice Board Members.
Our Board Members:
- Oversee our Executive Director, annual budget, and compliance with nonprofit legal requirements
- Ensure that our organization is directly accountable to our incarcerated members and their families
- Strengthen our relationships with peers in the criminal justice reform community
- Spread the word about Initiate Justice and contribute to our fundraising and strategy goals
If you are interested in this meaningful and high-impact opportunity to become an Initiate Justice Board Member, please send a resume and cover letter, and any other materials that would help us understand your ability to contribute to our Board, to info at initiatejustice.org.
We are accepting applications for interns to work in our LA office, or remotely. Please submit a resume and cover letter to info at initiatejustice.org indicating your experience with or interest in criminal justice reform, and what work you want to do for Initiate Justice. A few possibilities:
- Community Organizing and Outreach
- Social Media and Content Creation
- Developing Merchandise and Our Online Store
- Fundraising and Grant Writing
- Research and Writing