Abolition Is For Everybody is a podcast that tackles the sometimes-difficult conversations around prison abolition. Through friendly chats, and conversations with experts, co-hosts Taina, Lee, and Ra explore the history, futures, obstacles, and joys of abolition.
- Episode 0: Pilot : Meet Your Co-Hosts – June 19, 2021
- Welcome to season 1 of Abolition is for Everybody! On this episode, Ra, Lee, and Taina share how their abolitionist journeys began.
- Episode 1 – Abolition 101 with Patrisse Cullors – June 25, 2021
- Ra, Lee, and Patrisse delve into what abolition is, how their abolitionists journeys began, and struggles they’ve encountered along the way!
- Episode 2 – Abolition is Decriminalizing Drugs – July 9, 2021
- Ra, Lee, and Eunisses delve into the topic of drugs, how our current system treats drug use and users of drugs, and what abolition and community care around drugs looks like.
- Episode 3 – Abolition is Decriminalizing Mental Health – July 23, 2021
- Ra, Lee, and Cat Brooks delve into the topic of mental health inside prisons, mental health stigma, how supporting each other is part of daily abolition work, and more.
- Episode 4 – Abolition is Community Connections – August 6, 2021
- Ra, Lee, and Taina delve into how the carceral system hinders connections between incarcerated individuals, their families, and community even after they have returned home.
- Episode 5 – Abolition is Gender Equity – August 20, 2021
- Ra and Taina are joined by author Charlene Carruthers to discuss feminism, patriarchy, and the different ways that gender impacts the abolitionist movement and incarceration.
- Episode 6 – Abolition is Ending the School-to-Prison pipeline and Poverty – September 3, 2021
- Episode 7 – Abolition is Disability Justice – September 24, 2021
- Episode 8 – Abolition is Closing Prisons and Defunding the Police – October 8, 2021
We love your feedback and will absolutely read everything that comes through this form. Thanks for being a part of this project.